2004 Global Mission Event
- Globalization panel
moderated by David Primmer
- Anne Hallman on panel
of young adult missionaries
- Vice President Susan Johnson
presided at closing worship
- 13 Canadians presented
global university sessions
- Mary Krieger facilitated
- "The whole weekend was
amazing. I was so thrilled
to be here…
Well done! Thank you so
much for including
your Canadian neighbours."
- Take the GME home to your congregation. Give a short personal talk during worship or fellowship time. Write a brief report for your parish newsletter, website or weekly bulletin and send it (with pictures) to your synod communicators.
- Share what you have learned in Sunday School, confirmation, children's programs and adult forums. Encourage teens and older children to bring what they have learned to adult groups, teacher's meetings and classes of younger children.
- Include global petitions in your congregation's weekly prayers.
- Pray for your overseas companion church or sponsored missionary.
- Share a piece of global music with your music director or offer to lead a global song. Offer to teach a global song to the youth or children — then arrange for the kids to teach it to everyone in the worship service.
- Hold a congregational Global Mission Festival.
- Get involved with mission activities in your synod.
- Invite global speakers to your congregation.
- Sponsor a missionary and learn about his or her ministry through letters and visits.
- Contact Kelvin Krieger for information on country-specific projects you can help support.
- Attend cross-cultural events in your area.
- Give to Global Hunger Development Appeal (GHDA)
- Thinking about mission service? Contact Kelvin Krieger.
- Become an advocate for a country or issue you learned about at the GME.
- Take a study trip through Canadian Lutheran World Relief or your Companion Synod program.
- Learn more about one of the countries you learned about this weekend by visiting your local library or browsing the Internet
- Celebrate Lutheran World Federation Sunday, the first Sunday in October (resources available online).
- Plan to attend another Global Mission event. Events planned in 2005 for the ELCA include July 14-17 in Fargo, North Dakota and August 25-28 in Baltimore, Maryland.