Some delegates commented on the process:
- Our circle had prayer time and people expressed gratitude for what we'd shared and heard.
- Too bad this way of talking and listening couldn't have happened at the grassroots leading up to these deliberations.
- I don't think anyone's mind is really changed, but it was a good way for all to feel safe in sharing.
- We heard a wide variety of opinions, with good and valid comments.
- I sensed the fear that the church could divide over this.
- No matter how the vote goes, this exercise has made me feel that the church will not divide, will remain the body of Christ.
- Although not all agreed, everyone listened respectfully.
- Because we were asked to speak from personal perspective, I felt restricted—after all, my church paid for me to be here and I couldn't speak on their behalf.
- Taking turns talking, and being timed so all had the opportunity if they wanted, seemed like a fair process.