Convention delegates elected the following individuals to serve the national church at the 2005 ELCIC Convention:
- National Bishop: Rev. Raymond Schultz
- Vice President: Roger Kingsley
- National Church Council: Rev. Trish Schmermund and Robert Schmidt of the Alberta and the Territories Synod, Judy Kochendorfer of the British Columbia Synod, Rev. Mark Koenker of the Manitoba/Northwestern Ontario Synod, Heidi Hesselink of the Saskatchewan Synod, and Rev. Douglas Reble, Elizabeth Hachborn and Teddy Pope of the Eastern Synod.
- Group Services Inc Board of Directors: Rev. Douglas Kramer, Rev. Loretta Jaunzarins, Yvonne Myrehaug and George Sawatsky
- Court of Adjudication: Rev. William Huras, Martin Bergbusch and Deborah Bartlette.
Nominations by mail closed January 31, 2005 for positions on National Church Council, Group Services Inc Board of Directors and the Court of Adjudication. Nominations from the floor were received at the time of the Nominating Committee's report.
Nominations and elections for National Bishop and Vice President are by ecclesiastical ballot.
How a Bishop is Chosen outlines the ecclesiastical ballot process.